Internet Explorer is one of the most popular web browsers and it is undoubtedly a significant part of the Windows operating system. Yet several users often complain that they have been experiencing a number of errors when they are using Internet Explorer. If you are one among them, then the first and most important thing you should do is to check whether you are using an older version of the browser or not.
If you are using an outdated version of the Internet Explorer, then you will need to update it to the latest available version, as it might help you to fix the errors. One of the most common Internet Explorer errors search by users is how to fix “Internet Explorer Cannot Display Webpage” Error. The most common cause of this error and the solution to fix the error is given below.
Incorrect Browser and Internet Settings
You will initially need to make sure that you have connected internet to your computer by checking the wireless, modem, cable, and router settings. If there is nothing wrong with the settings, then you should check the IP address of your computer by following these steps.
- Click on the Start button on your PC, go to Run, type cmd in the box, and click OK or hit on the Enter
- You will now need to type ipconfig at the command prompt and then press Enter.
- If the IP address displayed on the screen of your computer or laptop is 254.X.X, then it indicates that there is something wrong with your internet connection. This is because 169.254.X.X is actually a private address provided by the Windows operating system.
If you found the above-mentioned IP address on your computer, then you will need to get in touch with your internet service provider. On the other hand, if you get any other IP address, then it means that there is nothing wrong with your internet connection. So, you will now need to check whether your Internet Browser is set to Work Offline mode by strictly following these set of steps.
- Open the Internet Explorer browser from your computer.
- You will now need to click on the File menu to check if the Work Offline mode is enabled or not.
- If it is selected, simply click on it, as it will disable the mode.
If you are still experiencing the “Internet Explorer Cannot Display Webpage” error on your PC, it is best to get in touch with a browser support service provider for technical assistance.