If you share the computer with your friends or colleagues for web browsing, then adding a new user profile on Google Chrome comes in handy. A benefit of that is the browsing information such as history, passwords, bookmarks, and other Chrome settings can be separated. If a new user surfs the web by logging into Chrome browser with Gmail credentials, they can see information such as the websites you have visited. However, you can avoid that by adding a new user profile on Google Chrome for the other person to surf the web.
Of course, Google Chrome browser issues, especially the ones that as pop ups Chrome, can be distracting if they contain malicious content, but the browser offer advantages such as the option to create and manage multiple user profiles. Below is how to create a new user profile in Google Chrome.
Steps to Follow
- Open Chrome, click on the three-dots on the top-right corner, and choose Settings from the pop-up menu.
- Under People heading, click on Manage other people.
- In the next window that pops up, click on Add Person button on the bottom right.
- Type new user’s name by clearing Person 1, choose a temporary photo, and click on the ADD
- After that, a new Chrome tab will appear prompting you to sign in with Google Account credentials. So, sign in to Chrome with the new user’s Gmail username and password.
After that, Chrome will synchronize the browsing information of the new user if they are saved in the user’s Google Account or has surfed the web by logging into Gmail on the browser. If your friend or colleague has used the same Gmail to log in to Chrome on a different computer, those details will get synced to the present one in which you have added a new user profile.
Switching to Other Profile on Chrome
- Double-click the desktop shortcut to open Chrome.
- Once the browser is open, click on three-dot on the top-right and choose Settings.
- In the next page, select the user profile or person you want to switch to.
To use a custom profile photo, click on the user name under the People heading in the Chrome Settings window. You can choose any of the preferred icons from there, or change the Google Account image altogether if you wish so, by navigating to New Tab, and clicking on the Google profile picture. Click on the profile picture and upload a new photo by clicking Select a photo from your computer.
If you need any further assistance with the above-mentioned steps, or want to know how to enable pop ups Chrome or unblock the feature that prevents pop-up ads on Google Chrome, get in touch with our browser support professionals.