Mozilla Firefox is one of the fastest and safest internet browsers available to computer users today. The comfort, convenience, and greater security offered by the internet browser have urged millions of computer users to use Firefox instead of Google Chrome, Opera, Internet Explorer, and other options. In fact, users who were loyal to Chrome and the ones who prefer open-source options have also made a swift switch to Mozilla Firefox due to the number of benefits the browser offers.
The latest features and options that are included in the updated version of Mozilla Firefox have helped users to block pop up ads with utmost ease. In addition to that, several computer users also claim that where they found Chrome browser issues to be frustrating and hard to fix, they were able to fix Firefox browser issues easily with simple troubleshooting.
Note that if you are using an outdated browser version, then you will surely encounter Chrome browser issues and constant pop up ads, and that goes true for Firefox as well. Fortunately, users will be able to block pop up ads in Mozilla Firefox with the help of extensions like Adblock Plus. However, several users who are using the latest version of Mozilla Firefox recently complained that they keep on receiving a “This plugin is vulnerable and should be updated” error message while they are using Firefox. This might make you stay away from the extensions that would help to block pop up ads.
It is reported that Mozilla, Google, and Microsoft have all been trying to abandon NPAPI plugins in their respective browsers. However, one of the noticeable exceptions is the Adobe Flash plugin, which is still actively used in both Firefox and Chrome. Even though plugins and extensions are very rarely used in most of the updated internet browsers, several users still depend on some, and encounter the “This plugin is vulnerable and should be updated” error. If you are receiving such an error message on your Mozilla Firefox browser, try the below simple troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.
Update Mozilla Firefox
The first thing you should do is to check whether you have updated the Mozilla Firefox browser on your device to the latest version. For that,
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser on your PC, and click on the Open menu button (three horizontal lines) on the top right corner of the internet browser.
- Expand the Help menu of the browser, scroll through the list of options, and click on the About Firefox
- The Mozilla Firefox browser in your computer will now automatically check for updates. If there are any latest updates available, then all you need to do is to simply click on the Restart Firefox to Update
When done, launch the browser and see if you are receiving the error message again. Updating your Firefox browser to the latest version usually solves most of the common browser issues and it will also help you to block pop up ads automatically. If you are still experiencing the issue, move on to the next troubleshooting step.
Enable the Flash Plugin
- Open the Mozilla Firefox browser on your computer and then click on the Open menu
- Locate the Add-ons in the menu and click on it. Alternatively, you can use Ctrl + Shift + A shortcut combo to open the about:addons page on Firefox.
- Click on the Plugins option in the left pane of the about:addons
- See if the Shockwave Flash in the tab is automatically configured to Never Activate. If so, then you will need to change it to Ask to Activate.
- The Firefox browser on your computer will now ask the permission to activate the Flash plugin.
Grant the permission by strictly following the guidelines and then see if the “This plugin is vulnerable and should be updated” error is appearing on the screen of your device while you are browsing the internet. If yes, try the next troubleshooting step.
Disable the Error Message
- Open Mozilla Firefox, enter about:config in the address bar of the browser, and hit the Enter
- You might see a This Might Void your Warranty! warning message on the screen. If so, click on I Accept the Risk to continue.
- Enter blocklist.enabled in the search box of the newly opened page and then hit the Enter key. Double-click on extensions.blocklist.enabled to turn its status to Default from Modified.
- Restart your Firefox browser and check whether the error message is still popping up or not.
In most cases, any one of these three troubleshooting steps helps users to fix the error. However, if you are still receiving the “This plugin is vulnerable and should be updated” error message, consult with our expert browser support technicians for further assistance.