As you would probably know, users on Google Chrome rely on a number of plugins to work on the browser smoothly. However, in some cases, users may experience some issues with the plugins that they have installed on their Google Chrome. The Chrome plugins not working error will in turn make Google Chrome slow and might even lead to other Chrome browser issues.
If you are experiencing such types of Chrome issues on your Windows 10 computer, then the first thing you should do is to check whether you are using an outdated version of Google Chrome. If yes, then updating the browser to its latest available version might help you to resolve the Chrome plugins not working errors with ease. If that does not work, then below are a few simple troubleshooting steps that might help you to fix the cannot load Chrome plugins error.
Run sfc and DISM commands
- Simultaneously press the Windows and X keys on the keyboard and select Command Prompt from the list of available options.
- Enter sfc /scannow in the Command Prompt and then press the Enter You will now need to wait for the scanning process to complete and repair the corrupted files by following the instructions on the screen.
- If the sfc command is not running, enter DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth into the Command Prompt. Once you hit Enter, the entire system will be scanned to remove or fix the corrupted files in Windows 10.
When done, check whether the Chrome plugins not working error is resolved. If not, move to the next troubleshooting step.
Delete the PepperFlash folder
- You will initially need to ensure that the Google Chrome on your PC or laptop is entirely closed.
- Simultaneously press the Windows and R keys on the keyboard and the enter %localappdata% in the search box. Click on OK to confirm your action.
- You will now need to go to GoogleChromeUser Data and then locate the PepperFlash Right click on the folder after locating it, and delete it from your computer.
If you are still unable to fix the issue, it is best to get in touch with our expert browser support technicians for further assistance. Call 844-202-3034 for immediate Chrome browser support or start a live chat session now!