Google Chrome is the most popular and leading browser among desktop users, this is mainly attributed to its speed and simple user interface. Apart from this, many widely used Google services like Gmail, Maps, and others are integrated into the browser, hence more people stick with it. Like any other web browser, even it has issues and one of the Chrome browser issues is sometimes it won’t open on your computer. This can be due to many reasons and shared below are ways to troubleshoot this issue.
Check If Chrome Is Running In The Background
To begin with, if the Chrome browser is not opening, check if it is already running in the background and this is a basic step. Sometimes Chrome will run in the background unbeknownst to you and to check it follow the steps listed below.
- Press “Alt + Ctrl + Del”.
- In the list that appears on the screen, select “Task Manager”.
- In the list under the “Processes” tab check if “Google Chrome” or “chrome.exe” is running. If it is, then select it and click “End process”.
Remove Unknown Allocations
The presence of unknown or malicious applications can significantly affect the browsing experience or performance of Google Chrome, follow the steps listed below to remove them.
- Click on the three vertical dots at the top right corner of the Chrome browser.
- From the list, select “Settings”.
- Click on “Advanced”.
- Under it, select “Clean up computer”.
- In the “Clean up computer” section, click “Find” and it will start searching for unwanted software or applications on your computer.
- If it asks whether or not to remove unwanted software, select “Remove”.
Reboot Your PC
If any program including Google Chrome is not working, then rebooting your computer is a quick and dirty fix, even though it will not solve the underlying problem. But, many times it works, so you should not leave out this option.
Uninstall And Reinstall Google Chrome
If none of the above steps did work, then you should probably uninstall and reinstall Chrome browser; to uninstall Chrome follow the steps listed below.
- Open Windows “Settings” by clicking the “Start” button.
- In the “Settings” menu select “Apps”.
- In the “Apps” section search for “Chrome”.
- Select “Chrome” and click “Uninstall”.
- A box will appear with the “This app and its related info will be uninstalled”.
- In it click “Uninstall”.
Now Google Chrome is uninstalled and all its related info is removed from your PC or computer. Now, using the default browser, download the setup file for Google Chrome and reinstall it on your PC. This should solve your Chrome browser issues of not opening on your computer.
Sometimes Google Chrome keeps freezing or crashing then the above methods should also work. We hope that the aforementioned troubleshooting methods will help to solve your issue.